Frequently asked questions
Why should I hire a pest control preffesional rather than doing the work myself?
Liberty Pest Control professionals come equipped with the most effective and most recently developed products to get the job done. Our technicians are also well educated in the knowledge of the habits, food preferences, life cycles and harborage areas of all the pests that he/she will treat.
Liberty Pest Control technicians have the ability to spot damage while it is still limited, to avoid the unnecessary application of additional products. A pest professional from Liberty Pest Control is also well versed in the correct way to handle products, how to apply them, and how much product is necessary. Your Liberty Pest Control professional may even be able to suggest many non-toxic ways of dealing with an infestation. Liberty Pest Control technicians can educate you on the intricacies of habitat modification, using growth regulators, the proper use of baits, and exclusion techniques for pests.
After my initial treatment, when will I begin to see results?
Your result time is based largely on two factors: the type of pest that is being treated and the technique used to treat the problem. When you enter into an ongoing service agreement with Liberty Pest Control, we can ensure that all pests are controlled and kept out of your home. If pests do return to your home, we return to handle the problem at no additional charge.
What are the benefits of baits over sprays?
Spray products can break down fairly quickly and don't work as effectively as baits. Most spray products require direct contact with the pest or insect in order to work. When bait is utilized, the insect or pest will take the bait back to their nest to spread it throughout their colony. This allows bait to be more effective and efficient at controlling pests, while also producing more tangible results.
Why does Liberty Pest Control focus their efforts on the outside of my home?
Southeast Texas = Bug’s Paradise. Most insects and bugs live and breed outside the home, and Liberty Pest Control is committed to stopping the problem at its source. When insects are controlled from the outside of the home, they can often be prevented from even entering the home in the first place. With a pest professional focusing outside your home, you are not forced to deal with the inconvenience of taking time out of your day to allow a technician into your home.
What is the difference between a flying ant and a termite?
There are 3 easy ways to tell flying ants and termites apart:
1. Wing size - Termite wings are all equal in length and extend well past the abdomen. Ants have wings which are unequal in length and generally end at the tip of the abdomen.
2. Antennae shape - Antennae on termites are straight and beadlike, but on ants they are elbowed.
3. Waist size - Ants have a pinched waist, but termites have no constriction in the body and are more streamlined.
Why are some types of ants so problematic?
Certain types of ants, such as Odorous House Ants, have several queen colonies. This allows them to reproduce at an exponential rate. Large amounts of ants then have the ability to enter homes through cracks in various entrance points. While these situations can be challenging, Liberty Pest Control is well prepared to take on the task of eliminating these insects from your home with a specially devised service that manages and controls these ants.
How do I know if i have bed bugs?
The first thing you will usually notice is that you will wake up with bites that are red and itchy on areas of your body that were exposed while sleeping. Inspect the sheets for any red or brown spots and examine the mattress folds for the bug themselves. Bedbugs like to hide in cracks & crevices, which can include baseboards, box springs, drawers, and other crevices. It is almost impossible to diagnose what bit you without having the actual insect. Call our office to discuss cost and treatment options.
Once the pest are removed, why should I continue with Liberty Pest Control's service?
With a program that is focused on routine maintenance of your home, Liberty Pest Control is uniquely prepared to deal with your pest issues and to prevent them before they happen. Without the routine maintenance performed by Liberty Pest Control, it can be virtually impossible to tell if your home is rid of pests for good. You will end up spending more money in the long run with pests that return if you choose to forego the continued maintenance with Liberty Pest Control.
What are Tawney (Rasberry) Crazy Ants?
You should suspect tawny ants if you see a lot of ants with the following characteristics (see full listing of characteristics below):
1. Appearance of many (millions) of uniformly-sized 1/8 inch long, reddish-brown ants in the landscape; foraging occurs indoors from outdoor nests.
2. Winged males are needed for identification to species.
3. Ants that form loose foraging trails as well as forage randomly (non-trailing) and crawl rapidly and erratically (hence the description "crazy" ant).
4. Ant colonies (where queens with brood including whitish larvae and pupae, See image on right) occur under landscape objects like rocks, timbers, piles of debris, etc. These ants do not build centralized nests, beds, or mounds, and do not emerge to the surface from nests through central openings.
5. Under a microscope you will find 12-segmented antennae, a petiole (1 node), an acidopore (circle of hairs at the tip of the gaster (abdomen)), and the ant will be covered with many hairs (macrosetae).
Why is Liberty Pest Control your Tawney Crazy Ant specialist?
Liberty Pest Control is on the forefront in treating and controlling the Rasberry Ant. We are working with Dr. Paul R. Nester of Texas A&M to optimize our approach and procedures to control Rasberry Ants.